Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Blush and Bashful

Truvy: What are your colors, Shelby? 
Shelby: My colors are "blush" and "bashful." 
M’Lynn: Her colors are "pink" and pink." 
Shelby: My colors are "blush" and "bashful" Mama!                                                                                       --Steel Magnolias

Much like Miss Truvy asks the soon-to-be-bride in the chick-flick-of-all-chick-flicks, one of the most frequent questions I get after people find out I’m getting married is “so what are your colors?”

Since getting engaged and starting to conceptualize my overall feel for the wedding day (which is how I define “my colors” moreso then just what shade the bridesmaids will be rocking), I have gone through many, many iterations of color schemes (not to mention “overall feels”), but I think I have finally settled on “my colors.”  

And for all you all who have been dying to know…

I’ve chosen, drum roll please, grey and “coral.”

But here’s where it gets all Steel Magnolias…I’m very particular about the coral shade. When I envision coral, it’s a warm, peachy, orangey coral…but apparently most folks define coral as more of a reddish-pink shade, somewhere between “watermelon” and “honeysuckle” (which happens to be this year’s “it” color (http://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone/Pantone.aspx?pg=20821&ca=4)…so I think I’m gonna have to invent a new name for my color scheme akin to “blush and bashful,” suggestions are always welcome, alliteration not necessary, but it does need to roll of the tongue nicely.  I feel very “bridezilla-y” when I want MY shade of coral…but I really do want MY shade…

What solidified my “colors” was a wedding featured on my daily-crack-addiction: “stylemepretty.com”. This wedding made me swoon. The colors AND the whimsical feel captured the sentiments I want our wedding day to have—fun, charming, laid back, and sweet.

Other Coral inspiration from my fave website: 

1 comment:

  1. There's nothing wrong with being fussy about a colour! We have cornflower blue and I am VERY fussy about it being the right brightness and tone (it should have a slight grey-ness about it). I think weddings turn us nitride than we already were!

    ReplyDelete